Whats worse than a hallmark holiday created to move merchandise? A blizzard clone of said aforementioned holiday. I'm sure this isn't my first bout with said holiday but as I had a nice long weekend to farm er play, I had more opportunities to be annoyed with it this year. No I won't mend your heart, enjoy your debuff, thanks for playing.
In case anyone was wondering, I did celebrate the real life version of the holiday. We had a nice dinner, I grilled steak, herb basted shrimp and served it with cheese grits. I think I delivered in spite of my illness (I had a pretty major sinus infection). Yes, I like to think I have 450 cooking IRL. . .well, maybe 300, I'm not quite an iron chef lol.
Non Warcraft related content to follow!
So I saw a post from One Among Many titled "to the pain" and I thought "ZOMGTHEPRINCESSBRIDE!!!!!!!!!"
This got me to thinking "I think I'll post my top 5 movies of all time". I don't believe any on the list are better than the others, they are the best of their given genres (in my opinion).
1. The Princess Bride - Just classic, swordfighting is amazing, practically the whole movie is quotable. Its just a giant cornucopia of goodness, thats all there is to say about that.
2. Gladiator - Epic. It is the best historical piece I've ever seen, I never get tired of it.
3. Any Given Sunday - In my opinion, this is the best realistic sports movie ever made. I think it realistically portrays how football actually is.
4. Snatch - If you havent seen it, do yourself a favor and do so. Part crime caper, part comedy, it is at times disjointed but an amazing movie.
5. The Matrix Reloaded - Total non-stop actiongasm. It has normal fights, fights with weapons, gun fights and an epic car chase. Sure, the plot is kind of convoluted and its not where I saw the franchise going, but as far as an action movie goes, its hard to get better action than the matrix reloaded.
I think those 5 best represent their particular genres and I never get tired of them. What are everyone else's top 5?
Mid Afternoon Quickie
3 months ago