Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm not a traitor, I'm just indecisive. . .

So after much deliberation and scouting of many prospective guilds on many servers I came to a conclusion yesterday. I'm back to Azuremyst alliance side and I will continue to level my hordies on Daggerspine until someone pisses me off (basically first time someone kills me). Its a lot of work, but looking back, I should have been on a PvE server all along anyways. I just can't stand getting killed. I thought to myself "wouldn't it be nice if they had a server where players of other factions couldn't attack you whenever?" Yeah, I am not exactly what you'd call a quick learner.

I have decided on a very generic model for being "self sufficient". It will pretty much work on any server, either faction but as I prefer alliance (ok, I like medium build guys with beards, and that fuzz blood elves get is not a beard! Orcs are great for fighting types, but as they can't be paladins or mages. . .). Paladin tank blacksmith/jewelcrafting - can solo instances to gather cloth, AoE for mats, etc. Deathknight mining and skinning - kills quick, free epic mount, goodness. Mage tailoring/enchanting - Can also solo instances for mats, and my favorite caster class in the game. Druid leatherworking/alchemy - this one is sort of optional, leatherworking is kind of a throw in, but I like druids and these professions fit. Shammy Herbalism/Inscription - Need inscriptions for enchanting and general utility and someone has to get herbs for alchemy and inscription, this works. Yes, thats 5 characters to be self sufficient, thats why I have so many alts floating around.

I have talked to a few people and I am giving a couple guilds a shot to see how I like it. I'm sure they won't be quite the same or as enjoyable as my horde guildmates but peace of mind is priceless. I will now be able to run any content I want without fear of being killed (by other players at least, mobs are still an ever present danger)

No comments: