Monday, June 1, 2009

5k views and day 5 of my Wow exile. . .

I reached a milestone of sorts recently. My views counter ticked over 5000. I know thats not a very large number compared to some of the more established blogs, but it still made me feel a sense of accomplishment. I have a friend who is a professional writer who kept a blog for some time for a community newspaper. I think he said he had less than 100 views total. I guess it's an example of consistancy and sticking with it.

On a not so happy note, computer is still unresponsive. I ran a full disk scan (approx 4 hours) revealed no problems with my hard-disk, no memory issues. I attempted to repair my windows and was unable to really do so (it reloaded some but not all the files and the issues remain). I still can't even manage to run MSCONFIG in safe mode. I am starting to think my only solution might be to re-load windows and accept the loss of all my data as a casualty of war. My last ditch effort will be to see if my dad can do anything with it (he does IT for the university here).

Honestly, although I have desperately missed Wow (voluntarily quitting was tough and I couldn't stick with it, this involuntary stuff SUCKS!), I have been able to occupy my time with a few other things. Been playing the UFC game, I <3 head kicks. There is something satisfying about kicking the computer in the head, seeing the eyes roll into the head, mouthguard go flying, and opponent hit the mat. Game over man. I have gotten some more time in with my guitar. I am beginning to play things which almost sound like the songs they're supposed to. Currently my two favs I can play are Killing in the name and Bad Girlfriend (well the part that doesnt need a slide, I don't have one of those).

Anyways, to those of you enjoying wow, I'm jealous and I will be back hopefully sooner rather than later. . .

1 comment:

Syrana said...

Ugh. Like you said, it's one thing when you decide you want to take a break.. but when your computer decides to freak out on you.... it's just not fair. :(