Monday, June 15, 2009

Best PUG ever and other weekend errata. . .

Well, I had some vacation from work last week and after getting over my rather serious virus issue, I could think of nothing better to do than spend the majority of the week playing Wow (yes, thats a vacation for me, no work, and a lot less expensive than the beach vacation I'd origingally planned). The time was well spent and even a fun random gankings in the Hinterlands couldn't spoil my fun (Mage getting hit with a Titansteel destroyer, I couldn't even catch the name of the guy who killed me, bang, I'm dead).

First of all, I can't recall the day (they kind of merged together) but I was a part of the best PuG possibly in the history of Wow. OK, I'm embellishing a little bit there, but this was so much fun I can't remember enjoying playing my mage this much (and I enjoy my mage quite a bit). It started with me leveling my druid in the Swamp of Sorrows. I got a whisper from someone asking if I wanted to DPS for Zul'Farrak. Although I know how to kitty DPS, I really see my druid as tank (and heals once I dual spec) for instances, kitty for leveling. However, I am leveling my mage specifically to run instances (all that AoE goodness shouldn't go to waste). I asked if theyd be ok taking my mage instead (who granted was a lil high to run ZF, but I wanted the staff from there pretty badly). They added me and it was awesome!!! The group averaged about level 50, heals were good, tank was good, and they basically gathered up mobs for me to AoE. It was such a good run, it went faster than I can solo it on my pally. The highlight of the run was when the tank decided to see if he could run to the bottom of the stairs with all the mobs and we could kill them all there. He gathered, I blizzarded, lots of numbers, mobs dead. I also got the mask and staff from the runs (we did it over a couple times because it was fast and fun).

In other non-Wow related news, I was happy to see the Lakers win the NBA championship (I became a Lakers fan living in San Diego in the late 80's), and not-Detroit win the Stanley Cup. I'm not really a Penguins fan, but I HATE Detroit so given a choice between Detroit and virtually anyone else (Detroit vs NJ would be tough, I have hatred for both).

One other wow note, whomever thought it would be cute to roll a pink pigtailed gnome warrior on the server I play alliance on with the same name as my main, its not. I can't really claim identity theft as wow characters don't have social security numbers, and most of my other alts' names are duplicated repeatedly. That's all there is to say about that.

3 comments:

LarĂ­sa said...

I'm innocent. It's a promise!

Grats on finding a pug for old instances. I was so disappoined when I could't get pugs in the weekend for my druid. Ended up being boosted by a friend in Stockades and Gnomergan just to get the quests done. It wasn't at all how I'd pictured levelling up my druid. I want to learn how to play her!!!

Fish said...

I never suspected you for a moment. I have too much respect for you as a blogger and a person. You never struck me as the type to do something juvenile like that.

Druids are FUN! I'm heading towards 50 which is MANGLE MANGLE MANGLE!!!

Anonymous said...

Owww... owned by a pink pigtailed Gnome...

Mmmm ZF sounds like fun.... Must return at 80...