Thursday, December 11, 2008

Make love not warcraft. . .And my thoughts on the state of Wow

So I was aware that south park had made an episode that was quite well received about warcraft. I had never seen it, south park isn't a show that is in my regular rotation of things I watch (I don't have a DVR in the room I play Wow in and Wow consumes a large percentage of my free time).

This episode is HILARIOUS! I just laughed the whole time, all the way through it, I pretty much completely stopped questing a couple times the scenes were so hilarious.

I would say more, but I just couldn't do it justice.

On the state of wow, I was thinking about this today and lately I have had a much more enjoyable time than I have had in a LONG time. I have been sticking to basically my warlock, deathknight and priest (I love my paladin, just havent been motivated to quest much in the expansion, I think I am about 1/4 of the way into 70). I picked up death and decay, so I think my DK will be able to AOE more effectively. My priest got a HOST of new abilities at level 20 (I dunno if they're new, I never used them before, or I just ignored them). My lock is fun and efficient. I barely ever have to stop to eat/drink. I can take single mobs even higher than my level and an occasional elite (after the elites, I DO have to stop and eat/drink). I don't normally fear being ganked because I can take most players my level and the others, its over before I can do anything. Plus its fun to go to a different screen and come back occasionally to see if they are trying to camp me waiting on the soul stone. Granted its a complete waste of time and I'd rather not do it, but such is the trade off of a PvP realm.

Speaking of PvP, I'm not an expert on it by any means, but I have an observation on Death knights in PvP. Reminds me of a quote from the movie firebirds, "The person who sees the other first is the winner, the one who gets seen first is toast". Death knights are the new kings of melee burst damage. Obviously I haven't extensively tested this, but it seems to be the case.

No comments: